Thursday, June 25, 2009

Was pretty irritated today when one of the school administrators called my home late in the morning today. Ever since I started university, I've learnt to turn my phone to silent mode because I hate being disturbed when I'm sleeping or having a good nap. Maybe it's the fact that I've been 'mentally disturbed' no thanks to my army unit where you are supposed to be on call 24 hours a day. You can virtually go to sleep and have nightmares seeing yourself get recalled. So the woman called my handphone and asked me why I didn't pick it up and eventually had to call my house to clarify certain details. Despite being half-awake and pretty disgusted, I knew I had to be nice and answered her questions nicely. She was just doing her job to try find out whether I had go abroad for the past few weeks. However, I did 'inform' her politely that not everyone is an early-riser.

Holidays have indeed passed by pretty fast and with just a few days left before I start work next monday, I wonder if I could have made more use of this freedom. I could have travelled more but with the thought of being on no-pay leave soon, perhaps a staycation would have been more appropriate. Furthermore, to have gone overseas and to get quarantine might have undesirable consequences. You never know if your attachment has to be extended or eat into your remaining one week of holidays before Year 3 begins. I'm both excited, nervous but still looking forward to this upcoming 5 weeks of attachment because I'm curious to know what's in store for me. Definitely it's not a bed of roses because for sure there will be students out there trying to be give me nonsense. Yes, the same amount or more that I've given to my own teachers over the years. Still counting in university I guess.

Maybe with just one more recreational squash match with a geo friend of mine when year 3 begins, I guess squash will be out of my life for quite some time, maybe even forever. Even when my ac/jc friends call me out for a game the last time, you could say I went more for the company and the makan afterwards. The hunger and desire weren't there anymore because there can be times when you hold the racket in your hand and don't know what to do with it. That rubbery ball is there right in front of you but your foot just refuses to move to retrieve it. A call or sms can come and there's a higher chance of seeing rush to pack my soccer boots. It's sad I feel and definitely not the way I wanted this 'passion' to end. By the looks of it, it's going to take alot more to get myself back to the courts, perhaps a cute looking girl or so?


was alive and kicking at 11:20 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com