|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Thursday, December 31, 2009 It's always been a habit of mine to really start enjoying the holidays only when it's almost over. However, it's been a good holidays thus far because I got to catch up with my friends, repay my sleep debt and basically do nothing that's related to school work. That's the whole objective of the holidays - to recharge and get ready for the new year ahead. Last week was pretty stressful on my poor stomach because I went for 2 buffets in a row. Had a long overdue meetup with the foodies from my class for xiao long bao buffet at holland village. I suggested breaking the record of 15 cartons of xiao long bao and we ended up eating 18 of them. Well, at the expense of filling very bloated at the end of the session. It felt like reunion dinner of some sort because there's like 3 rounds daily and because mine started at 8.15pm, there's always a rush to prepare the tables for customers coming in at 10.30pm for the last round. For my second round of buffet, it took place the very next day on Tuesday with my army friends at Traders Hotel. I was glad that I woke up feeling hungry because I kinda forsee myself waking up and still feeling the effects of the xiao long bao buffet. Saw no reason to have breakfast as it was going to be buffet lunch. Food was average I guess but instead of the main course on offer, I kinda preferred the desserts on offer though. Since Christmas was just a few days ago, there were still fruit cakes, puddings and pastries being displayed at the buffet tables. Considering that I see these guys at the most once or twice a semester, the company of course takes precedence over the food anytime. I don't usually watch chinese movies but when I do, it's always with this group of friends. The last time I watched one was Cape No.7 and it turned out to be a very decent movie with them. Likewise for Bodyguards and Assassins, it was a 2.5 hours history lesson coupled with non-stop action. One of my army friend even commented that it would make for a good show if you're teaching history. A pity I'm not but for history teachers out there, it's something you can definitely consider. Last post for 2009. What do I want for the new year and 2010? Just good health for my family members and I. Not forgetting to have fun as an undergraduate and to obtain good results as well.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|