Sunday, December 06, 2009

It's been a while since I last played any sport under the rain. Not wanting today's game to be distrupted by some passing showers, my friends and I decided to carry on playing in the cooling weather. While we were soaked to the skin and my shoes and socks were wet, nobody minded the fact because we were just like little kids who were having fun. It's a pity that of all days that we didn't bring any extra balls, the only one we had burst after years of torture under our feet. In fact, that ball had been to Canada with wongs and back - if I didn't ask him what brand was it (Adidas), I wouldn't be able to tell considering the outer skin had came off.

I love the December holidays even though it's only a month's worth of freedom. It brings along the festive atmosphere which I particularly like. I'm not a Christian but I still celebrate Christmas with my close friends over some good food - potluck style. You know Christmas is round the corner when Straits Times start to carry advertisements from the various departmental store and supermarkets showcasing the Christmas sales and food. Since I read the papers daily before I carry out my revision, it can get pretty distracting because you know freedom is not far away but yet bounded by the constraints of examinations. It's definitely all right to let one's mind wander a bit to avoid stressing yourself out but I like to turn this distraction into something positive. Examinations ain't going to last forever and by putting in some effort, you might enjoy the free time that comes after the last paper a lot better.

Sometimes you also wish that December would pass by as slowly as possible because with the start of the new year, there's only Chinese New Year to look forward to and that's it. All those isolated public holidays like Labour Day and Good Friday are just welcome relief from the mind-boggling assignments. After that, Christmas just seemed so far away. While my holidays haven't been exciting, it's a welcome relief because I think somebody up there wants me to repay some of the sleep debt that I've owned since school started in August. It's definitely not helped by the excellent weather too that gets me so drowsy everyday (not that I'm complaining). Opportunities to exercise and the will to keep fit had been few and far between but at least I don't spend the whole week doing nothing.

I find pleasure shopping for groceries at Cold Storage as a result of the Christmas atmosphere. It's not something that you can derive in some NTUC supermarket or Shop and Save outlet. Anyone concur with my views?


was alive and kicking at 1:37 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com