Tuesday, December 29, 2009

This is indeed the season for feasting and getting fat. I had a great time with a few of my classmates over steamboat and xiao long bao. For those who've tried the crystal jade one would probably know what I'm talking about. This foodie outing was really long overdue since recess week and I don't want to go into the semester's workload anymore. It's over and with the arrival of the new year, it's time to look forward. No matter who I have it with, I love steamboat because it involves my family, relatives, friends and I sitting down together over a boiling pot of soup. While waiting for the food to be cooked, people engaged in all sorts of conversations. The table being assigned to us was very very small but to me, I found it cosy. Like I was telling xiao ming, it would be better if it was like raining outside - it makes the meal much more comfortable.

It's been a while since I last had like 2 buffets in a row. My second one would be solid catchup with army friends later at Traders Hotel. Never tried the buffet there before and I seldom even venture to that part of town. Perhaps it's a good time to explore that area a bit as well before or after the buffet lunch. My army friends and I don't meet up often and especially this semester where a few of them actually headed overseas for their exchange. It's probably like once or twice every semester and I really do treasure such meetups. Unless I've got like important school stuff or trainings, I'll try not to miss such outings. Friends are for life and especially for these group of guys whom you've dug trenches with.

What was supposed to be an easy 5 minutes module registration turned out to be a nightmare in disguise yesterday afternoon. Had to miss a soccer session in the early afternoon thanks to a hiccup in the computer system and you would probably wonder why did it happen in a local university. I cannot believe that I spent 1 hour calling and waiting for calls and trying to rectify something that should be pretty clearcut to the administrators. What was evident was that everyone was trying to shirk their responsibilities and trying to push the workload to others. I happened to be the 'others'. Can you imagine the person-in-charge asking me what's the syllabus/curriculum for my course and year? In the end, she tried to shoo me off by asking me to contact my tutors and asking them to contact the office to clarify my points. I was like 'Who am I to contact my tutors and make them contact the office?' It would make more sense and be more efficient if they were to have a liasion with them instead.

I woke up early this morning hoping that I can finally register for my track and field module. Thank goodness everything went fine after I clicked on it. It's not good if I've to spoil another lovely day by calling the office and asking for my own modules.


was alive and kicking at 9:07 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com