|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Friday, January 08, 2010 Even when I'm out of the house, I'll make sure that every week's episode of Life Transformer 2 is being recorded by the dvd recorder. No special reasons for wanting to watch this show, it's just that such shows keep me very down to earth. My problems/troubles seemed like nothing when compared to the problems and difficulties faced by needy Singaporeans. It's hard to find an episode when my eyes haven't turned red and if you didn't as well, you're pretty much a cold-blooded animal. This week episode focused on a 19 year old who's suffering from muscular dystrophy. To keep it short, he's dependent on his mother for every single task and something is missing if they don't see each other for a short while. While there can be the usual arguments and disagreements, the mother pins for the son to live as long as possible (doctors gave him until the age of 15 to live). There was one time the breathing machine gave the signal that his breathing was encountering some problems. It scared his mother who thought he was breathing his last. Both mother and son cannot imagine a day without each other but they both knew that the inevitable will happen one day. I just hope that when that day arrives, she can calmly accept the truth and not grieve too much over his death. The timetable is out and it hasn't really affected or spoilt my day. The usual 5 day week because my school just wants me to be in school every day. Take Wednesday for example, I'm travelling to Boon Lay for just 1 hour of lesson. Enough said. Most of my pe/maths classmate have a 3 day week while most of the secondary track people are having a 4 day week. Could have enjoyed a free Friday if my voice production doesnt fall on Fridays too. It's not something that bothers me really since I've been through worst and adopting a positive attitude and mentality is important for 2010. It's even better because I plan to use the free time to really work on my stamina for soccer and some gym work to get ready for ippt (haven't gone gym for a long long time already). It's better to clear my elective now and enjoy a really slack Year 4 isn't it? By then, a 2 to 3 day week shouldn't be a problem. I've given up on changing my handphone too. Been using my old nokia 6060 army flip phone because I realize I can't use touchscreen ones efficiently. Nokia's touchscreen is too lag while I rather spend more to get an iphone rather use a samsung one. Being the ultimate miser, I've decided to save the cash and use my current army phone till it spoils before making any further decision. Ultimately, I just need it to call and sms so no point getting a good one. Get a touchscreen phone and I'll worry whether it'll be scratched during soccer or when I drop it on the floor. It's been 5 years since graduation from junior college. We lost contact and didn't talk much during this hiatus because of certain reasons. I feel that my friends and I've hurt you back then with our comments. Maybe it's the reason why you decided to distance yourself from me. For some reason, I don't know why we started talking again online and somehow, I look forward to the daily sessions with you online. Tried and tried to ask you out a few years back but I always get a 'No' for an answer and decided to give up in the end. When you suggested a meetup soon, I asked myself whether it's a dream or not. Sounds like I'm having very high expectations of what's to come but I'm just happy that you see me as a friend again. Wednesday is a good day for me since I've only got an hour of lesson but the sudden news that inter-hall squash quarter-finals takes place in the evening spoils it all. I hate to be a no-show but will my hall friends accept my absence? My friends know me as a responsible guy (most of the time) but I really look forward to seeing her. This is one dilemma I can do without.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|