|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, January 05, 2010 It's been a decent start to 2010 for me and with school reopening next Monday, this remaining one week of holidays has become even more precious. It's just amazing how fast this one month of holidays has passed us by. I love the December holidays since primary one because of the festive seasons that's incorporated into it. Even more so as an undergraduate, as the June holidays speak of attachments and eventually, not much of one's holidays are left. Been trying to head out almost daily except for today because I needed to recover from an exhausting training session at NUS and a gruelling 3 hours of soccer (with rest in between definitely). With ippt to train for this year, I've kinda reverted back to my 'healthy' diet. More soup-based meals, eat apples to counter the hunger pangs and no supper after midnights. Maybe it's just like what my class-rep said last year to my classmates and I "There's a reason why he kept on having fish soup with rice'. I hardly ate my favourite bak chor mee and only 1 plate of mee goreng during Year 2 semester 2. Everything I do usually/mostly has a reason for it but for 2010, I just want to stay healthy. With or without ippt and whatever sports module there is, I can hardly imagine going 2 days without sweating nowadays. It's actually pretty good to adopt Kwan Rong's attitude and mentality when it comes to squash. Ever since that chap quite competitive squash after junior college, he's been living it up - life-wise. Got himself a girlfriend and started to focus on things other than squash. I quit the squash in Year 1 and never picked up my racket again. Had no idea what got over me last year when a casual talk with my classmate (who happens to be his hall sports secretary) turned into something serious. I decided to play squash for fun again. The group stages ended on the 2nd January 2010 and the record reads 2 wins a a loss. Pretty decent for a recreational player like I would say. I would usually get a bit upset over a loss or conceding more points than I would like even for a win. However, there're alot more important things to focus on this time round. Getting to meet/know more friends through this inter-hall games and at the same time, the usual games that takes place on saturdays allow me to meet up with my former ntu squash mates once again. Witnessing the support given to hall games (let's discount hall 6's overzealous support), I would say one of the best things about university life that I've missed would be the hall life. However, I know myself too well that staying in hall might actually compromised my studies and social life so there's pros and cons about it. The only thing I hated about this was the very bad organization by the inter-hall committee/s. Who organizes games on Saturdays and Sundays? Kinda pity the hockey people who had to take a bus to delta stadium on Sundays for their games and let's not forget those playing soccer as well. The last match on the 2nd January 2010 was extremely rushed for me since I had a meeting with my friends in the afternoon. Could have easily missed the session but ever since I've given my word to my friends, it honestly wouldn't have been nice if I had just gone awol. Knowing myself, it would weigh on my mind heavily and I wouldn't have been able to really enjoy a decent afternoon out with my secondary school friends. I'm just glad I turned up and won the game 9-0 , 9-3 in the shortest time possible before I bid farewell and a Happy New Year to my squash hall mates. There's more to life than just winning and/or losing. Neither matters to me anymore because I treasure the friendship and company more than anything else.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|