Friday, April 23, 2010

A grocery shopping trip at Bt Timah Fairprice Finest turned into an embarrassment of sorts for me today. While buying the required ingredients for my 'mee fern' with curry chicken for dinner, I can actually end up injuring myself. It left me wondering whether I should feel sorry or pissed at myself for being so careless. For people who still remember Santiago Canizares (the Valencia and Spain goalkeeper) who was ruled out of the 2002 World Cup because he severed a tendon in his foot after a freak accident with an aftershave in the bathroom. There are also other players who supposedly injured themselves while getting out of the bathtub. While bending down to select/pick up a whole chicken, I tit my basket and you probably can guess what happened - the cabbage and 1 can of condensed milk fell out.

As of now, I really hoped that it was the cabbage that hit my metatarsus but it wasn't meant to be. Even though it's a small can of condensed milk, imagine the impact it had when it fell from a near chest level. It's not really swollen but it hurts when I pressed just a little bit on my metatarsus. Having iced and placed my trusted sports plaster (given by my doctor), I really hope it's just a small bruise and does not affect my game tomorrow. It would be a shame to really have to rest the right foot just when the holidays have started and soccer season is about to be in full swing.

I miss her so much, can't wait for the 30th April 2010 to arrive.


was alive and kicking at 11:51 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com