|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Thursday, April 15, 2010 The holidays began last Sunday and I'm already feeling pretty bored as everyone else is busy preparing for their upcoming exams. Thankfully for the opportunity to help conduct NAPFA and the IM module, I get to see my classmates again. Once this week hits Friday, it's officially the begining of the holidays for my whole class and after a much exhaustive semester, we all deserve this long break before TP1 starts. Besides spending some quality time with my family over outings and meal times, I got to catch up on some movies like Green Zone and the regular tv programmes. After watching the news, I tuned in to the Tuesday Report documentary featuring couples overcoming the usual barries and/or obstacles to be together. For yesterday's version, it was about this Malay guy and Chinese girl who I felt had pretty supportive parents. There's definitely the usual surprise and objections initally but after realizing that it's important for the couple to be ready, both sets of parents eventually relented. Seeing the end result, I'm genuinely happy for them even though they're not related to me. Having seen a Malay friend of mine break off with his Chinese girlfriend after being together since secondary school, it's quite sad. True love doesn't prevail over the parents' views. One sentence that the girl mentioned really caught my attention 'When you marry the person, you marry his/her whole family'. How apt. That guy also happens to be a professional footballer with Tampines Rovers and we all know that a sportsman career in this country is shorter and less rewarding when compared to their foreign counterparts. For the sake of their future, he has gone on to pursue a C Coaching License which would enable him to at least coach primary school students for now. I certainly wish this couple the best for their future. I'm not even feeling the joy of having no exams yet. It's not even halfway through the month of April and I'm missing her already. Stressed by her remaining assignments and her upcoming exams, I wish I could do more to alleviate the situation. For now, I can only give her my time and thoughts. Luckily I'm an owl and that I'm not teaching for my last IM lesson tomorrow. Went window shopping today at Funan to check out the price and freebies for the latest Canon Ixus 105. While my Toshiba still allows decent pictures to be taken, it's about time I upgrade to a dependent brand and you can't go wrong with Canon. Even though I would like that camera to be my birthday present, I wouldn't want my parents or sisters to splurge on me. As such, I should save up and buy it for myself. A treat indeed.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|