Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's been a good holiday so far but I've been spending alot, mostly on retail therapy. My birthday is coming up next Friday, and I'm still contemplating whether to get the Canon Ixus 105. Earlier on in the evening, after dinner with my family at Dian Xiao Er, I bought a new pair of blue boat shoes. When you see something that you like and at an affordable price, I guess it's important to get it before it's out of stock. There've been times where I've waited for prices to drop and ended up with nothing in the end. I guess you could apply such an analogy to life in general. What's next for me? Perhaps 2 pairs of bermudas and another pair of adidas soccer boots. These are times when you would want the stipend to arrive sooner rather than later.

School posting had been kind to me and compared to many of my friends, I should be thankful. Supervisor-wise, I can't complain either because such issues do not bother me. Everything happens for a reason and when it comes to practicum, I always go in with an open mind - anything else is a bonus. Having called the school general office to confirm my particulars and to check whether there's a need to head down, I decided to check out the school this afternoon. Although I've got a direct bus (188) to the school, I'll probably take the mrt to work instead since it's only a 6 minutes (2 stations) ride. After arriving at Choa Chu Kang, I could either take a 10 minutes walk or should I feel lazy, hop onto bus service 300 for a short ride to school. Being a newly-renovated school with ample space for PE lessons, this TP1 is definitely something I look forward to.

For those who read the papers 2 days back, you would have read about our President's biography on his seaman welfare officer days. However, what really captured my attention was his personal philosophy when things don't go according to plan. It's something I would definitely adhere to and reflect when things don't proceed as smoothly as I would have liked. So here it goes "Why am I here?" Teaching is never going to be a bed of roses and when obstacles present themselves and result in me being demoralized, perhaps it's time to take a leaf out of our President's philosophy and reflect a bit. It might just work.


was alive and kicking at 11:02 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com