Monday, April 12, 2010

I've been blessed with a host of responsible and hardworking project partners during my 3 years stint in university. It's definitely something that I should be thankful for after seeing how some of my friends suffer when they working with chaps that don't give a damn about the progression of the assignment/project. Spent the whole weekend rushing my very last assignment for this semester (if you don't count the IM filing which I'm 95% done) with my classmate over at his hall. Yes, that includes heading back to campus on a saturday evening but I think having my weekends burnt has been something I've been accustomed to since ns. Instead of grumbling over the what if and all, why not derive some sort of positives out of it? That's my mentality and it's a philosophy that I stick to for life as well.

Firstly, I got to try out the excellent grilled fish rice set over at the Hall 9 canteen. With my public relations and lying skills, I somehow managed to convince the stall helper that I've just moved in to the nearby halls (she asked why she's never seen my face before) and seldom eat in the canteen as I prefer to takeaway my food. While typing out my essay in the tv lounge, my classmate's neighbours popped in and gathered around for some show. Along the way, they mass-cooked huge portions of beef for dinner and being the lucky person that I am, got my fair share of it. At that moment, there's this nostalgic feeling that came rushing back while I ate that piece of beef - a group of guys stuck in hall doing work or revising for their upcoming exams when they could have spend the weekend outside doing something else. It totally reminds me of my shift 3 days.

With only 1 piece of reflection to complete (I can't even start on it since my buddy only teaches this Thursday), my holidays have started. It definitely feels weird not to have any exams to revise for but I am not complaining. It's been a tiring and tough semester and to end it off with an exam would have been tough on my brain juice. Shall go read some magazines before I get sleepy. Shall head to school earlier tomorrow to print out my essay before submission and then head to the geo lab to finalize my IM file (as usual, it's bursting with papers that I might require an even bigger ring file).


was alive and kicking at 3:00 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com