Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spent quality time out with my parents today over lunch at York Hotel and shopping at Robinsons before we headed home. It's good to be out in town on a weekday where most Singaporeans are busy at work or studying for their examinations (from primary to tertiary level). My father is a big fan of the food and ambience at the York Hotel, especially when they decide to hold the Penang Hawker Fare in its restaurant. Definitely a nice and quiet place to be and since it was after 2pm, the lunchtime crowd was over - we were the only customers there. Not only do you get undivided attention from the service personnel, it was also quite funny to hear them gossiping about latest news of how Vanness Wu got himself attached to a Singaporean girl.

Since Year 3 Semester 1 ended, I vowed to spend more time with my parents whenever I can. I'm glad to say that I've fulfilled most of the promise despite the hectic workload I had this semester. Even though most of my friends still said that I was still pretty much on the ball this semester, I know that when compared to the previous semesters, the foot definitely had been taken off the pedal. Without a schedule to keep or an assignment to worry about, we had our food and then the complimentary tea/coffee and chatted about anything in our lives. It helped that the window seat enabled us to get a decent view of the apartmental blocks just beside the hotel - you get to see people-watch. With 4 months of holidays (not even TP1 is going to disrupt this precious bonding time), I look forward to more of such outings.

Since my current Goldlion belt is showing signs of wearing down, decided to get a new one because that's the only leather one I had. Don't want to be in a position where I'm going for date or some function and that current one which I had just snapped or something. Found a very nice pair of boat shoes too but a pity that there's no more stock. Hopefully Robinsons will call back to me soon if there are new arrivals, if not, I might have to consider Pedro which is definitely very expensive. Recommendations for purchasing nice boat shoes anyone?


was alive and kicking at 9:52 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com