|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, May 11, 2010 Kent Ridge campus has been like my second home this holidays, it's like I know the campus better than some of my nus friends who study there. I go there for runs because somehow the feeling of running on elevated ground in an open air environment seems alot better. Soccer season is in full swing and that's one of the main reason I always look forward to the end of exams and the start of holidays. Through the footie action, you not only get to catch up with friends but also get to know new ones. Now that we've completed Year 3 of our university education, the common fuss is about finding internships (especially for the smu peeps where internship is like some compulsory module for them). As for those who have just graduated, it's the worry about finding that elusive job. That's how much our topics have evolved. Birthday-wise, I had a quiet night out with my family where we had dinner at the Suntec NUSSU. Having dined before at that Kent Ridge branch, I had no idea there was actually one in the marina square area (take the lift to the fifth floor from the elevators besides Carrefour). Luckily there was squash the very next morning with my friends because I devoured alot of meat - it was a barbecue buffet in an open-air style. From where I sat, I had a nice view of the Pan Pacific and Conrad Hotel. After what seemed like a pretty draining semester, I could do with moments like those. In a comparison of both the ntu and nus alumni clubs, there is basically no fight. The one at bunoa vista (ntu) pales in comparison mainly due to the facilities and location. Come graduation time, I'm definitely not applying for it no matter how cheap the offer is. The only bad thing was, I can't bring my friends or loved ones to any of the NUSSU clubs because I'm simply not from that university. Through the good fortune of my brother-in-law who graduated from nus many years back that I am able to enjoy both the good food and facilities at both their branches. How elitist nus can be sometimes. While my mother has been complaining that I'm looking more like a construction worker because of my late morning soccer nowadays, it's not something I would like to avoid. I like having the feeling of sweat on my body during a great body workout in the midst of increasing my fitness levels. Growing old with a beer belly or having high cholestrol levels are not the ideal scenarios anyone would like to be in. We all have a choice and it all starts right when we're still young. Need to go rest my hamstrings now because I've been pushing myself too hard lately. Go watch Ip Man 2 if you haven't. It's been a while since I last saw such great Chinese fighting movies which makes me proud that we're Asians.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|