Thursday, May 06, 2010

Today was perhaps the first time I knew how a part-time student felt after spending literally the whole day at BBDC. I'm so glad that I booked a late morning slot (11.45am) for my basic theory test because I still had problems trying to force myself to wake up. When BBDC is just a short bus ride away, say 6 minutes if the traffic lights are in your favour, I can afford to take it a little easier. Maybe it's just a Singaporean thingy, the mood upon entering the computer lab seems just like a student who's entering the examination hall and he has that solemn look on his face. You'll still see some people doing their last minute revision and wonder how much can actually go in? It'll only make you more nervous.

When I was young, birthday wishes tend to be presents or gifts that tend to make me lose interest in them after a few weeks (e.g. lego sets and toy guns etc). As one matures, the birthday wishes would become more practical. No longer do I want to waste my parents' or sisters' money and since I entered junior college, I've never asked them for anything on my birthdays. Usually it'll be my sisters who'll get buy me ice-cream cakes, adidas watches or clothes but I've told them that cakes are a waste of money and it'll require lots of runs and soccer sessions to burn off the calories so it's no go! If you realize, there's literally alot of stuff that money can't buy and for this year, passing my basic theory test is the best birthday present I can ever ask for. There's nothing else that I need already.

After leaving the test room at 12.30pm, I went downstairs for a quick lunch before proceeding to the computer terminal to book all the relevant slots (e.g. Final Theory Test, practice sessions, school evaluation test and 5 practical sessions). What I cannot believe though is that the month of June is fully taken-up leaving me with night slots (9pm onwards) which nobody else would want. So yes, my first practical session is on e 30th May with a month long break in between. It ain't exactly good for my driving since I would definitely lose touch of the feeling. What to do, just got to make use of the time wisely to revise for my final theory instead.

Since I was free today, I've decided to clear both my final theory lessons instead. What I did was to book the first lesson at 2.10pm and while waiting for the lesson to arrive, I queued up at the Traffic Police section to get my PDL. Went out of BBDC to walk around West Mall for a while before coming back for my second lesson at 8pm. Since it was my first time heading back to BBDc at night, I felt like some part-time student attending night classes. The feeling was just so different.

Even the instructors who conducts the lessons have their own styles and I particularly like this chap called Mr. Azman. He is this guy who always makes an attempt to liven up the class atmosphere with his jokes and encourages participation from the audience. Being a teacher myself, the learning never stops and what was going through my mind then was what were the positive points that I can take away. You could also tell how meticulous he was when he decided to also help pack up the airbag that was left dangling by the steering wheel by the previous class even though he didn't have to do it.

I hope to get my driving license by the end of the year. It could have been earlier but looking at the demand of the slots, it's pretty impossible. Hopefully drive to school by Year 4 Semester 2. If not, I hope to get a small hatchback without my parent's help. Any brand will do as long as it brings me from Point A to B and back. I've grown older by yet another year since it's already after midnight.

Happy Birthday to Mr Liar.


was alive and kicking at 10:41 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com