Tuesday, June 08, 2010

As of 7th June 2010, I've attended 8 practical lessons and there's 17 more to go before I can take my TP test. I'll be learning how to attempt a U-Turn later at 9.50am and with that, I can safely say it's left with only the important stuff like learning how to park and carry out defensive driving. Seems like it's indeed a long journey ahead as compare to many private students who attended around 8 to 15 lessons and that's it, they're ready to take their test. I believe in getting a comprehensive education at the centre and there's honestly no hurry because I shouldn't go for any test if I'm not ready. With the exception of today, I shall restrict myself to only one lesson a daily because there's simply no hurry. My final theory test is at the end of July and it would be quite funny if I were to complete up to Stage 4 or 5 before I hit July. Pass it and I'll be able to book my driving test. It'll probably be Christmas by then.

Surprisingly, I've haven't been that anxious with regards to my results this semester. Compared to my university friends from the other faculties who managed to get their results much earlier than mine, I'm resigned to the fact that it's going to be another long wait before they release mine. As an undergraduate, one should roughly have an idea how well or badly you did by considering the amount of effort you've put in for that particular module. While there were some surprises, I knew I've done the best I could in a semester with no examinations. While most people would be worried whether it's a first class or second upper, it's vital that I not only maintain my current grades but also to enjoy this last year of university life. Like I was telling my soccer mates, checking the driving school website daily for free slots seemed more important than refreshing the university site to check for the release of results.

I'm not saying a heck-care attitude has been adopted by yours truly. It's just that as one gets older, the priorities change as well. The World Cup is beginning in 4 days time and with the exception of the free matches shown by the local television channel, I'll probably have to find a place to get my daily fix of footie action. Community centres in the west seem to be the option but I can already forsee how crowded it would be.


was alive and kicking at 12:57 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com