|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Thursday, June 03, 2010 It's been a busy end to the month of May ever since I came back from Cambodia and the fact that my whole class had been 'volunteered' along with the rest of the PE cohort to help out with some conference that the university/Singapore had been hosting. June promises to be unrelenting either because of driving lessons. In fact, I've been trying to book slots daily whenever the opportunity arises. It was only today that I started twice a day driving because I don't have anything to do back home either and it allowed me to clear some lessons. Instructors have been telling me 'I noticed you've been taking lessons quite frequently?' Well, I told them that it's my holidays and it would be good to get used to the daily routine of holding that steering wheel too. Cambodia-wise, I've finally sorted out and edited all the photos before uploading close to 600 of them in facebook (not forgetting to save them in my external hard disk too). It's a really lovely country but the heat really got to all of us. Think 38 Degree celsius and rising. There's just too much to talk about the country for this entry so I'll leave it for subsequent ones. My whole life revolves around driving right now so I think it's more apt if I stay relevant. Just an update so far, passed by final theory evaluation test and now I'm just awaiting for the actual one at the end of July. Why July if you ask? Well, it was the earliest date I could book right after passing my basic theory test back in May. You just have to imagine when I try booking my traffic police test in july, I forsee the date to be very near Christmas. It's good to be mentally prepared honestly, have high hopes and you'll be left frustrated. On the other hand, it was a welcome relief to receive a letter from our lovely government saying that I'll be awarded some GST credits when July arrives. Considering that the school has been sucking alot of money from me recently, any form of cash relief is a welcome gift! Sometimes, we take the safe and secure environment for granted in this country. The recent violent robberies that took place in Kallang was a good example. How can people be so merciless and violent if they just want the victims' cash and valuables? They are fellow foreign workers who come here to seek a living but ended up slashing their Indian counterparts (leaving one dead and the rest severely injured). Well, I pity the young national serviceman too. It's really being at the wrong place at the wrong time. People who want to commit crime in Singapore, they should know that they can't escape and will face the full might of the law when they get caught. Sometimes, the police force make the arrest look so easy that we forgot the amount of work that gets put in. With one last guy at large, I really hope he enjoys that freedom more. Otherwise, he'll live to regret his actions.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|