|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Monday, June 07, 2010 It's just as well that I managed to cancel my driving lesson on Saturday because I caught a chill and came down with a fever. Fever is all right and gone now but its friend, the cough, has joined the party. All these just came without any notice (when I started shivering and felt cold on Friday night, I knew something was wrong) and I seldom fall sick. When it comes to food and a healthy lifestyle, I try my best to keep it simple. Perhaps this could be attributed to a late nights I've been keeping over the past few months and it's not a one-off thingy. At least when it comes to coughing, I would prefer a dry one over a phlegm-filled one and that has been particularly irritating and strenuous on my throat. What can I do as of right now? It's going to be plenty of fluids, rest and the traditional Chinese drinks to ensure my body doesn't remain too 'heaty'. Sometimes I find myself leading a lifestyle that's too fast-paced at times. When you fall sick, it's your body's way of ensuring that you tone it down and rest. With the exception of my first lesson, all my driving lessons so far take place on weekdays because it's cheaper by 10 dollars. Began my very first lesson on a Sunday since it was the earliest slot that I can make it then without affecting my Cambodia trip and the conference being held in school which I had to help out. The rest of my lessons have all been block-booked at non-peak days and hours ever since with the exception of Saturday's one. Since I've been driving everyday (sometimes 2 lessons in a day), I told myself I should just take it easy and have absolutely no lessons on weekends. Since it was too late to cancel my slot for Saturday, I had to transfer it onto a 'try-sell' system where any interested parties can just buy it from me. Well, since it was an afternoon slot on a weekend, I reckon there will be more than enough people wanting to buy it from me. True enough, I logged in at evening time to see the money refunded to my account and that means some lucky person managed to buy my slot. The worst case scenario is of course a 'take-back' which literally means you take back your slot which hasn't been sold and go for your own lesson. It's back to another intense week of lessons, starting with 2 tomorrow (9.50am to 11.30am and 4pm to 5.40pm). At least for this coming weekend, I'll be taking a break and holding no steering wheel.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|