|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Thursday, July 01, 2010 Today was not the first time I've driven in wet conditions but the downpour was really a test of my driving skills. Not only was visibility reduced, you got to be extremely careful when every decision and move you make. The circuit started to flood just before I headed out to the main roads and I'm just glad I'm safe in the comforts of my car. However, it sucks to really drive with wet feet because my shoes got soaked while walking from the shelter to the car assigned to me. Throughout the holidays, it's been a real surprised seeing some familiar faces and those from school (yy and zonglun etc). Just found out that he's been taking bike lessons but did entertain thoughts of quiting because he realized it's quite dangerous. Seeing the bikers doing their S courses and all, there are times you worry for their safety. One slip and that's it. It was reported in the newpaper few days how an accident on PIE expressway took away the innocent life of a 21 year old female rider. She's quite well-known in the riding fraternity as she liked to paste hello kity stickers on her bike. It helped that she had support from her boyfriend who rides a bike too. Yes, it was raining and accidents do happen. It was reported that after she skidded, two oncoming bikes had to swerve to avoid her but she died of her injuries in the end. It's really sad cause she's still so young. I used to have the urge to learn how to ride a bike during my ns days cause it was tiring having to take public transport from my house (west area) to Changi. Such thoughts should not be entertained no more. Now I understand why my class rep decided to opt for the safer option of taking public transport for our lunch meetup last week. It might have stopped raining in the afternoon but the roads are still wet from the showers in the early morning. You can't take chances with your life. Sometimes I worry for my classmates who ride their bikes to school and hope they make it home safely after a day of lessons.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|