|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, September 07, 2010 It felt good not to start the week on a Monday. With this timetable, I've got more time for my family, friends and most importantly of all, myself. Life in Singapore is already so hectic, if there's a chance that I can take it easy, there's no need to think twice. Taking my elective last semester was perhaps one of the most important decisions I've made in university. It was either year 2 semester 2, year 3 semester 2 or year 4 semester 1. Year 2 was definitely out of the question since it was such a packed one and the thought of having a slightly easier life compelled me to take up voice production last semester. Even that was a very slack module that was well within my control. Had a lazy morning before my lovely sleep got interrupted by renovations work (non-stop drilling) by my neighbour. That's what living in Singapore is all about, tolerance and the ability to see the bigger picture. While the noise is seriously irritating, I try to put myself in my neighbours' shoes when my house's kitchen got renovated years back. Suffering from the lack of sleep plus the excellent rainy weather, I forced myself to head back to dreamland after lunch. Pretty impossible my mother said since the drilling is enough to give one a headache. What I did was to simply cover my head with a pillow and imagine I'm back in army with all the live firing going on. Then it was off to dinner to meet my secondary one classmates, Daniel and Matthew, at Bt Timah. I've always kept in contact with them through msn and facebook but that's the bad thing about all these online interactions - it prevents people/friends from meeting up. Since Daniel just came back from his US exchange plus he just graduated, I initiated a meet-up. Nobody has changed much but our paths in life have taken different routes. With my secondary four classmates, our common grouse was "Wish we were 16 again". For the two chaps I met up just now, it was "Wish we were 13 or14 again". I grew up playing counterstrike, area00, tfc and redalert2 with them, so different from the students I teach now. Three solid hours spent at dinner despite the pouring rain outside. With girlfriends to attend to, we parted ways but not without promising another meetup soon. Four to Five years without a meetup is seriously too long and I'm waiting for Daniel Tan aka Mr Morikawa to come back from down under before arranging another meetup. Back to school later! As usual, I always feel like some primary one kid or freshie despite the fact that I'm the oldest (not literally of course) for my course. Hope for a good and smooth first week.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|