|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Wednesday, September 01, 2010 It's amazing the number of friends I get to meet during my driving lessons. Today it turned out to be my post-graduate orientation group mate, Samantha, who somehow managed to book a slot to carry on with her lessons. Life as a full-time teacher at a girls school in the central part of Singapore has been so busy that she's still stuck at stage 2. While staring into space and waiting for the commencement of my own lesson, I was wondering why there's this girl who started to wave madly in front of my face - it turned out to be Sam. It was good to hear each and everyone's stories and problems with regards to their schools. Being one of the IT schools, each teacher is expected to fully utilized the technology available for their respective subjects. For her second subject, English, that I can understand but PE as well? I asked her whether it's more for like wet weather programmes and she replied that technology will serve its purpose regardless of whether it rains or not. What happened to the good ol days where students really sweat it out and played old-fashioned games? In a recent article by Today, there've been reports on how certain schools like North Vista Primary School are using Wii to teach students how to improve their backhand strokes for tennis. While it's good to move on with times, I'm not so sure I agree with that.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|