Monday, September 27, 2010

It's been a while since I stayed up this late but with work starting to pour in, I guess it's about time. Maybe 'pour' is an exaggeration for this semester because with three modules, it's definitely manageable. There's simply no excuse if I can't finish my work - with 8 to 9 modules back in year one and two, I've only got myself to blame. It's been a weekend well spent in my opinion because I've maximized the free time available. It's pretty tough at times to find a court that's not occupied during weekends for footie action. Sometimes when we do, the lack of numbers make the game pretty tough to continue. Despite the dark clouds and light drizzle threatening to disrupt our game on Saturday, we carried on and played from 11am to 2pm (with breaks in between). When you're having fun, time sure flew by without our notice and like what my friends mentioned, "It's been a while since we last did this".

I may only be 24 years of age this year but as ones ages, it seems to take longer to recover from injuries and bruises. A collision of boots 2 weeks ago left me with a bleeding toe and chipped nail. A few days ago, part of the nail finally dropped out and left an ugly sight on the big toe. That big toe never definitely had seen better days - with footie action almost every week, it had like blood cotts left behind by some nasty challenges that never seem to go away. For this week, the duration of the game left me with a groin strain towards the end of the game. I can only hope it goes away soon.

My secondary school classmate hasn't exactly had a good week. In fact, it was a torrid one. Simply put, a long-distance relationship just doesn't work out and you definitely won't see me getting into one. Even if the other party has faith that it'll be a successful partnership, I don't. A pessimistic person like me believes that it's one that's doomed to fail from the begining. From secondary school till now, it's the first time I've seen him in that manner. I appreciated the fact that he poured out his woes to me but I wonder whether I could have done better to console him. It could be a guy thing but it might have been better to shed a few tears - I would have cried my heart out if a relationship this long (3 years and above) ended in such a manner. People who say that guys can only shed blood and not tears are being sexist. Imagine taking leave from work, spending so much time and effort planning the visit of your girlfriend, only to be told "Thanks for the memories" on the day of her departure. It's not nice to reveal too much details but you get the hint of what's happening. He's one of my closest friends and I can only hope that time heals his wounds. It could be a blessing in disguise that he's finally allowed to move on and surely deserves better.

Recently, I've developed a liking for puma boots, sneakers and clothings etc. With the F1 craze happening in Singapore, I've even been surfing their offical merchandise store online (even came across this happening shoe -http://f1store.formula1.com/stores/f1/products/product_details.aspx?pid=69004 ) While many of my friends know me as an adidas freak, there're times where I've ventured into other brands when it comes to sports. When the sole of my nike field boots spilt opened two months ago, I had a chance to try out the puma ones but the price difference and lack of confidence in their products left me going back to the tried and tested - adidas. In my mind, I was thinking, "If I can get a decent and/or even better pair of adidas boots at this price, why should I pay more for a pair of puma boots?" Maybe it's a mentality that I should change. It may start with a pair of street soccer boots or sneakers for going out.

An early breakfast before heading to bed later? Let's see how long I can hold out tonight first.


was alive and kicking at 3:29 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com