|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 There's not much to look forward to in sch nowadays because I technically have only two days of school (if you don't take into account the one hour of lesson I have on tuesdays). This semester's geography might turn out to be the most 'exciting' one among the three modules that I've registered for. Sadly for the students of tomorrow, the ministry wants to turn geography field trips into components where the students will be assessed apart from their usual examinations. Which is why it is extremely important for teachers like us to be well-trained in this aspect before we get to start planning one. Starting with a class field trip to sungei buloh tomorrow led by my tutor, there'll also be three more trips (organized by three other groups) that I'll get to attend. As part of my own assessment, my group mates and I also have to come up with one that's based on the topic 'Development'. For those who take geography, you'll probably be curious to know the other topics given were 'Tourism', 'Weather and Climate' and 'Coast'. The chapter on mangroves happens to be one my favourite ones that I like to teach in class. Using pictures from my year 1 outdoor camp and the horseshoe crab volunteer work that I did, it forms a basis from which I introduce the chapter to the students from another perspective. Nothing beats getting out of the classsroom and into mother nature. An underground agreement with my tutor will allow my class to end the module two/three earlier. To finish all four students-organized field trips, we've decided to 'sacrifice' two saturdays in order to clear them all. Not really a sacrifice if you ask me, it's just that I've to miss two weeks of footie action for something that's worthwhile. With one more module down, I've got more time to clear up the other two before I begin my revision for the one and only exam paper. How many of us actually start to plan so far ahead? Not just for studies for also life in general. I'm glad I possessed such a trait.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|