|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Monday, October 25, 2010 It's never nice to get injured. I'm just glad the latest one that happened to me wasn't serious enough to put me out of action for long. Since it's the first ever knee injury I've suffered to my meniscus, it got me freaking scared. It's every footballer's worst nightmare to be get tackled with your feet still (literally) on the ground. Just picture the full impact when the opponent hits the ball at your ankle but your leg doesn't move. What happened was that the pain shot right through to the knee and I thought I could walk it off. How wrong I was. After hobbling for like five minutes, the game was over for me. Initially, it was serious enough to warrant a checkup by the doctor but because there was no swelling. The usual RICE and applying the sports plaster that my doctor recommended to me alleviated the pain. Am I glad there's no sports modules left in my university days. Although the thought of taking a medical's leave did cross my mind, it just didn't make sense since Wednesday will be an extremely packed day for me. With teaching, geography and make-up lessons to go for, it wasn't in my favour to miss any of them. It just gets harder and harder to recover from a game and/or training when one gets older. The year is drawing to a close soon and there's always Christmas to look forward to. There's something in me that feels like splurging on an ipod as a treat for myself. Having used creative mp3 players all my life, it would be the first time I'm venturing into unchartered territory with apple products. Well, I shall see how it goes with the budget before I commit to it.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|