Friday, October 15, 2010


This has to be the most tiring week for me this semester. With preparations for the upcoming student-led field trip this saturday on top of the micro-teaching that I had just finished, I gave myself a day off. Yes, it was some retail therapy in the form of a nike free flywire trainer that cost me S$109. Having been an adidas fan all my life, you could say that I've always wonder how nike free shoes would feel when worn on my feet. It was basically a decision between white and black. For once, I didn't have to wait long before making a decision.
Adidas shoes are durable and sturdy but in terms of fashion sense, it just didn't cut it out for me anymore. Take their sportswear department, the sneakers more/less revolve around the superstar look but look where the R & D department for nike has taken the brand to. It's not about switching loyalties but experiencing a new brand in my opinion. When it comes to running or soccer, it's adidas. However, for fashion and sneakers, I'm open to trying other brands. A runner/marathon classmate of mine once commented that I should buy this model or that model because it has better support or that it serves that particular function.
I appreciate his goodwill but for friends who know me well, it's fashion/looks over its function. I hate it when people try to impose on me their ideals just because they are really into their sport or when they are seasoned runners. It's better to keep your opinions to yourself because I'm not into competitve running and never will be. No offence to runners out there but it's seriously a boring sport. In fact, I've a few runner friends who even ventured into other sports because they found running boring. Not recreational runners mind you, they are/were competitve runners prior to the switch.
It was really heartening to see the miners from Chile being rescued. Can never imagined being trapped 700m below the earth for two months. Life will never be the same again for them but it goes to show once again how we should not take anything for granted.
was alive and kicking at 12:08 AM