Sunday, October 31, 2010

With only three modules this semester, I should be one of the last few in the school to make any noise with regard to the workload. However, when certain assignments are due, it does get pretty stressful and the lack of sleep doesn't really help. Although I never put myself in a situation where I have to rush through assignments or burn the midnight oil to complete it, the aim for perfection takes a toll on my health. The past few weeks was a phlegm-filled one for me, definitely not helped by the hazy conditions. It made breathing alot tougher than it was and there are times I can't even run during lessons without feeling the blockage. Finding the right balance between work and rest becomes extremely crucial as one gets older. When I push myself hard to complete an assignment, I constantly remind myself I'm due for some r and r when it's over.

On the days where I don't have lessons, it's a time to go shopping for basic necessities, pay phone bills and catch up with friends. One such trip to the supermarket and a mall really got me thinking, 'The year is drawing to a close soon because Christmas decorations are up'. Although my class rep might beg to differ with it. We're hitting November in just a day's time and pretty soon, the Christmas spirit starts to fill the air. Even though I'm not a Christian, I love Christmas because it reminds me of the need to spend quality time with family and friends. Similarly, it's also a reminder that after a year of hard work, there's a need to take a step back and reflect.

My sister is trying to psycho me to change to an iphone and she's doing a decent job of it so far. The Christmas season might have some discounts that await me. The only thing that's holding me back is that my contract will be 1 year old in February 2011. By waiting till February, I get to save more money, a tough dilemma I must add. One thing's for sure, with an iphone, the plan to get an ipod is definitely over!


was alive and kicking at 4:46 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com