Tuesday, November 09, 2010

When you've only got 1 paper to revise for, it actually seems alot tougher as compared to the four papers I had back in year 1 and 2. With plenty of time on your hands, it's easy to be complacement and lose focus of the task. That's something that hasn't affected me yet but I'm definitely taking great pains to prevent it from happening too. It was a struggle to memorize and study for 4 modules (pe and geo) back then and come to think of it, how did I survive? When time is tight, somehow a person is able to better manage his/her schedule in a more efficient manner. Revision started this week and I'm determined to at least finish 1 chapter before I call it a night. With a month worth of time to memorize all the required chapters, I need to summon back the mentality I had for M & E. People used to chid me for writing three booklets for that module but I had the last laugh for getting the A+ in the end.

With only the TE essay to edit and finish up, my year 4 semester 1 is drawing to a close real soon. Geography was a breeze because it was an enjoyable and realistic module that was applicable to real life. With responsible group members in IS, I don't have to face the issues that other groups had to go through. As for TE, likewise. That's why I find it ridiculous that people can actually complain about the lack of time currently when we used to really struggle with 8 to 9 modules. It's all about proper time management and I'm not shy to admit that my social life takes a hit when I go full steam for my work. Coming from a secondary school where I've got classmates and friends who were involved in so many ccas (malcom had 4 - sailing, rugby, soccer and track and field), they still did well enough in their studies.

A recent status update from a classmate of mine got me thinking because I've the exact sentiments. He mentioned that it's becoming a struggle to wake up daily for school and that it takes a lot of courage to look forward to it. In fact, he's looking forward to the end of university life. I'm reaching that stage soon - with a 2.5 day week and the fact that I would rather prefer teaching to fulfilling AUs for the sake of doing so. Unless I found myself in the midst of good company in the canteen, you'll find me on the first bus out of campus.


was alive and kicking at 5:43 PM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com