|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Wednesday, December 29, 2010 Congratulations to Malaysians for winning their first ever Suzuki Cup (formerly known as the Tiger Cup). From losing to the Indonesians 5-1 in the group stages, they managed to win the first leg of the final 3-0 and losing narrowly 2-1 in the second leg. The 4-2 aggregrate allowed them to clinched the title and honestly, they were worthy winners. They've got a nice and humble coach whom I particularly like, Mr. Rajagopal, who believes in giving young players a chance. This Malaysian team will definitely be around for some time to terrorize the rest of the ASEAN teams. For Singapore, we've only got ourselves to blame for not investing in youth (still depending on a 40 year old striker for goals) and pure complacency. My friends have shown their concern upon the sight of my freaking old army phone during our meetups for the past two weeks. Nope, my phone hasn't been stole or spoilt. It's just that I suddenly had the urge to be a simple man for once. Having had the chance to use a touchscreen phone and the iphone, I can't deny the fact that it's pretty tempting to change to one. However, being a person who can easily send up to a 1000 messages a month, the iphone just doesn't appeal to me anymore. That's how fickle-minded I've been. During soccer last saturday, my friend just dropped his iphone4 during the break and a thought came to my mind, "I can easily drop my non-camera phone a thousand times and my heart doesn't feel anything'. My one year contract will be up come February 18th and I'll probably trade in my E-63 for another nokia phone that allows me to send a message fast and logs onto the internet too. The nokia X3 seems decent - it allows you the option of using the touchscreen and/or numeric keypad. Best of all, it's pretty light and pleasing on the eye. I don't want to be another commuter on public transport that does nothing but tap on his/her iphone all the time.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|