|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 This was one of the healthiest Christmas due to the back-to-back action I've planned for myself. Of course, I've to take into account the amount of junk food that I'll be gorging down over this festive season too. On the eve of Christmas, I headed down to the Breadtalk outlet at Westmall to collect my ice cream log cake. A once a year treat, it's something that I don't miss out on, unless I'm overseas. It's my first time ordering from them too, usually it's Swensens because they make the most affordable ice cream cakes. Christmas day was spent engaging in some intense footie action, squash on Boxing Day at Kent Ridge and followed by a 2 hour footie session again on footie action against on Monday. In a bid to get back my match fitness, I may have overdone it this time round. I contemplated taking the train to Boon Lay and then walking over to Mr Chia's place for my class gathering but due to a freaking tight and sore hamstring, I decided to settle for a slightly longer but direct bus ride from my house. A complete rest from sport for the next 3 days is essential to avoid any potential injuries. During one of the breaks during squash, my friend pointed out that the latest research has shown that squash has become the sport where you are able to get a total body workout, beating the likes of soccer and badminton. Who would have thought that SDU decided to remind me that I'm getting old and ready for marriage by sending me a calendar on Christmas eve too? It would have been easy to just slot it in between the old newspapers and send it for recycling. However, I've even folded it up and put it in the living room to welcome 2011. It looks pretty decent too actually. There are not that many singers and/or band that hav the tendency to make me feel emo that often. However, Taylor Swift's 'Back to December' has once again managed to achieve it. She has the uncanny ability to write such songs and she's one funny gal too - whoever has dated and broken up with her ended up being mentioned in the songs she wrote. For 'Back to December', it was inspired by her relationship with Taylor Lautner. A rather nice post-Christmas and class gathering at Mr. Chia's place yesterday. The turnout was decent and although I would have liked more people to have make it, in reality we all know it's not possible. It's quite funny that I actually managed to pick up my class representative's gift despite the fact that I was personally present when he bought it. It was just a spontaneous reaction to just grab a bag and his was the one I've chosen. On the way back home, I finally realize how did I ever miss his bag - his arrival coincided with me heading out with the host to buy ice at the nearby 7-11. The gift would definitely have been wasted on me should I have taken it and I'm glad Mr Sow is able to benefit from this excellent ball pump. A pity I've to keep it for him until the first day of school since I won't be seeing him until then. My first ever power balance necklace from the Christmas gift exchange and although I'm not a firm believer of such stuff, it's probably going to function more like a fashion accessory for me. Well, it never hurts to try it out during squash or soccer does it? Even superstars like Cristiano Ronaldo and Shaquille O Neal wear it (but in the form of a wristband), so I guess you can't really go wrong. For me, it will either function as a necklace or to simply wrap it around my right ankle. Most importantly of all, you get to be a poseur like my class representative Haha! He probably begs to differ.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|