|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 Spent the whole day tidying up my cupboard and it's only half done. Simply put, I was distracted by a whole lot of events - helped to put up Chinese New Year decorations, supper, caught the Day After Tomorrow on Channel 5 (for the fourth time) and sorting out my Geography notes. Reality has hit me even though I've been in denial. There's a lesson plan due next Tuesday and it's really time to start getting into the assignments mode if I really want to enjoy my CNY holiday without any guilt. There was a period of time back in Year 1 or 2 where I had to spend my CNY eve typing out a piece of reflection. That was achieved after reunion dinner and watching the countdown show on television. It's not something I want to exactly go through again. A cupboard is where clean clothes are kept but it was hardly the case for mine. I've always been a neat person but the dust have started to collect without my knowledge. Together with some Magiclean solution and water, I was quite surprised by the amount of dirt that ended up on my paper towels (I prefer purchasing them to wipe stuff over old rags anytime). Not forgetting the Kleen Glass solution that was used to wipe the mirror attached to my cupboard door, the job is sadly, only half-completed. It's not really spring cleaning if you ask me, more like sorting out the clothes for my upcoming attachment. The old T-shirts were put in a corner for squash and soccer while the rest were allocated according to work pants, long sleeve shirts, polo shirts and PE attire etc. Similar to my mentor in school, it dawned on me that I did order alot of pe shirts. Somehow, I don't really wear them to school or attachment anymore. The end of sports modules plus the 'excitment of putting them on' back in Year 1/2 was long gone played a part. In a sign that I'm already starting to miss the university that I'm studying in right now, the past 2 weekends have been spent going back to school. Be it for soccer, squash or even a lesiurely run, I'm amazed that the discipline to really keep in shape is still everpresent. My friends drove me back on a couple of times and for saturday it was soccer. Take yesterday for example, he wanted a quiet court to play tennis with his girlfriend so it was a no-brainer to head back to good ol Jurong. Without wanting to be a lightbulb, I headed to the astroturf and ran 32 rounds. Nothing fancy like intervals but I just needed to exercise and sweat. Once he was done with his tennis, it was off to squash at basement one. He dropped me off at JP before I took the train home. That's my Sunday for you, nothing fanciful but I had fun my own way. The recent release of the O level results prompted me to cut out some interesting articles which I can use to inspire my students in the future. I've done it before for my previous attachment and it worked wonders so I strongly suggest fellow teachers to really make use of our wonderful Straits Times. Yamaha has started selling their bikes at Scape recently and business has been pretty decent. Even Singaporeans who own cars are considering buying one. That says alot about the cost of owning a car in Singapore isn't it?
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|