|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Friday, February 11, 2011 The decision to book my IPPT before CNY has paid off in several ways. Weight has definitely been gained with all the goodies and food being devoured. Secondly, with deadlines for assignments fast approaching, trying to clear 4 stations and a 2.4km should be the last thing on my mind. Thirdly, the additional S$200 would no doubt come in handy. There are many more reasons I can think of to press my case but I think the above three will suffice. I'm done with my part for SS and my group is well on track to hand it in before TP2 starts. There's just a simple job of compiling all of our stuff together and head to the lab to print everything out. With one module down, it's full steam ahead to complete 1 Unit Plan and 6 Lesson Plans. The usual adminstrative details for my attachment is more/less settled. I'm glad that my supervisor has stayed the same because we're both familiar with each other since the management days. I know his style of working and I'll give him what he deems are necessary. It's a well-known fact that I always do more than what is needed for any module. One good example would be my filing for IM and IS, it's way too thick if you compare it to any trainee teacher in my school. Well, it gives me the A every semester so the effort is definitely worth it. I thought about it last night, could it be the fact that it's time for me to take a step back and enjoy the fruits of my labour? I've done alot and put it quite a fair bit of effort when it comes to my work. Having a supervisor who doesn't really focus on the adminstrative side of my attachment is really beneficial. It allows me to concentrate on my teaching and impress my superiors on the Humanities side too. Even if my supervisor was alot stricter, I am sure the goods would be delivered because I've faith in my own abilities. Know the working style of your superiors and give them what he/she wants. Maybe it's the fact that our days in the campus are drawing to a close because I can sense it from the faces on everyone. Although there were two missing individuals today for the photoshoot, it was heartening to see everyone make the trip back. It can be quite emotional typing this entry and I'm sure the typing never ends if I were to continue. Shall save this topic for another entry on another day. 4 incidents today that would have easily left me with teary-eyes: 1. On my way to school for the photoshoot, I met my Geograpy professor from last semester and we briefly stopped for a chat at the zebra crossing near Canteen A. Being such a motherly figure, she tapped me on my hand and wished me all the best for my upcoming TP2. I felt the warmth and genuine concern because she wants me to go out there and put to use what I've learnt over te four years. Most importantly, make a difference, no matter how cliche it sounds. 2. Every breakfast/lunch session with my classmates becomes much more treasured moments for me - cause I know there won't be anymore soon. 3. The photoshoot itself 4. The supposed friendly squash match with Mustapha has not been arranged yet. My busy schedule plus the fact that he recently got engaged made things a little tougher. It's definitely not going to happen before TP2 so I'll shall take things as it comes.
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|