|
|
![]() |
|
![]() |
|
|
Monday, February 21, 2011 Had breakfast at the usual coffeeshop beside my school this morning before I headed to work. It was good seeing the usual faces (both teachers and students) and have students greeting you. Other than the secondary 1s who have not seen me before, the rest have all grown a year older. It felt weird seeing my secondary 2s (now 3) wearing pants, but it just goes to show that another year has passed us by. Besides KY, Miss. Lau and the arts girls, there were 3 new additions the interns. A diploma Home Economics teacher who's quite a joker, an Oxford history graduate and another post-graduate Chinese teacher. All seemed to be quite nice and I enjoyed conversing with them over coffee and lunch. That reinforces my thinking that without my PE classmates around, I get to widen my social circle. My old table at the temporary staff room beside the library is long gone since they'll be converting the room into a resource room or another classroom. The teachers from there have moved into the main staff room while they have created a totally new one just for the PE and Aesthetics department. Back in junior college, I've always wondered why PE teachers are so special by having their cubicles away from the general staff. Now I belong to that group of PE that most academic teachers envy. I still head back to the main one to chit chat or for work-related purposes. I'm grateful that my HOD is very nice to me by giving me an all-new cubicle in the new staff room with my name attached to it. It creates a sense of belonging that makes me want to do even better for these 10 weeks. Regardless of whether I stay or not, I know that I've tried my best and that's my working principle. Shall attempt to add some personal decorations and pictures to it tomorrow to give it a cosy feeling. One thing's for sure - the latest class photos will be hung up. It looks like a busy 10 weeks ahead for me: 1. Sports Carnival 2. NAPFA 3. Pulau Ubin trip with my cca and 'form class' 4. Timed Practice Invigilation 5. They finally gave me Sec 3s for Geo! This list will be continued and I am sure there'll be more to add to the list. I'll be busy but it's better to be busy doing the things that I'll like. If you spend the 10 weeks worrying about the PE and Geo observations, time is going to pass by pretty slowly. I hope everyone has had a decent start to the week just like me!
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
|