Sunday, February 06, 2011

Let me begin by wishing everyone an overdue Xin Nian Kuai Le! Various reasons have led to the dearth in posts and they range from the workload and of course the Chinese New Year (CNY) preparations. It's been a indifferent start to the semester so far for me - half of me wants this undergraduate life to be completed asap but the other half says that working life ain't exactly gonna be pleasant too. That coming from seniors who are already 1 year into their teaching career. Even though I've only got 2 modules this semester, the assignments and projects creates unncessary stress. A couple of my friends (from Chemistry/Maths) actually met up on Chu Er to discuss a presentation due the following Monday. It felt sad hearing about that and I sincerely told them and hope that it would be a short one so that they can head home to celebrate what's left of CNY.

Many still believe that I'm pretty much on the ball as always but the picture is far from the truth. I seldom bring my laptop to school unless there's an important project meeting or when the lesson seriously doesn't deserve my attention. The latter has completely describe the modules I've taking so far - giving me the impression that I'm in school to fulfil the required academic units in order to graduate. I would like to remain a physical education and geography teacher first and foremost. Never a social studies (SS) one! It puzzles me and my mates to sit in a 6 hours class every week wondering what the heck is going on. Even the most boring geography lecture/tutorial ensures that I am learning something. I can't say the same for SS honestly. So each 3 hour SS lesson is spent surfing the internet, chatting on msn and catching up on shows. My group members beside me does likewise by catching up on delayed NBA matches, prices of used cars and deciding what HDB flats to apply for.

Simply put, I try to be on the ball for a very good reason - to finish up all my work before I head out for TP2. It's no good bringing work along since I want to fully concentrate on my practicum. SS is achievable but CD requires a bit more for the objective to be met. Discussion entries are irritating because I have to post something for the sake of doing so but luckily for my group, I seemed to have it under control and people inside are relatively harmless and nice.

CNY may have arrived a tad early for me this year because I was hardly in e mood to celebrate it. Despite the thought of work awaiting completion at the back of my mind, I did give myself 2 days off. Eat non-stop, sleep, play mahjong with my aunties and go out before it's back to reality on a Saturday. Soccer on Chu San plays a little part in helping to burn off some calories that I've consumed over the past few years as well. Catching up with my relatives and friends were great and I sincerely wish that we don't have to wait for festivals and public holidays to do so - life is so superficial nowadays.

I've scored countless goals in soccer games and competitions but I think one of the most crucial and memorable ones would be the lucky strike I had in the quarter-finals of the ICG soccer. It wasn't pretty but it went in and I'll gladly take it. To be honest, I had something on prior to the game but luckily I was able to rush down in time for it. It's my last ever ICG in the institution and I don't want to look back later on in life and wondered how was it like if I had gone down? I hate living a life of regrets. Furthermore, I made a promise to Mr. Chia that I'll try my best to come down. Regardless of the role I'll play or whether if I'll play - it all doesn't matter to me anymore. Just to be there and support my classmates cause it's simply the last one, that's good enough. It's more important for those who seldom get to play the game to participate and there's fulfilment in seeing that being achieved.

I'll shall try to make the most of what's left of this weekend before another hectic week begins. All the best for the Year of the Rabbit to everyone!


was alive and kicking at 4:56 AM


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com